Meet Our Team
Rev. Henry McCullum, Sr.
Founder & Principal
Reverend Henry Allen McCullum brings more than 20 years of Economic Development experience and a strong track record of professional performance. Rev. McCullum has served on the Board of Director for CDBG, PRVO, and is a former secretary of the South Mississippi Planning and Development District and a former retail store owner. He has served as Court Security for the US Marshall’s Service, Officer with the State Capital Police, Sergeant at Arms for the Mississippi House of Representative, and was three-term Sheriff of Jefferson Davis County. During his time as Sheriff he served as vice-president of the Sheriff’s Association. Previously, Rev. McCullum served as Director for the Community Development Block Grant. Currently, Rev. McCullum serves as the Board of Director for Mississippi Archives and History Records and Retention and serves on the Advisory Board for Vet-Trans.
Rev. McCullum graduated from Prentiss Institute Junior College with a degree in business education and continued his education in the field of cultural diversity from the University of Arkansas. Rev. McCullum was called to the ministry. He founded House of Joy Ministries to offer the congregation and community, life counseling services programs that are designed to meet the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of the people. Rev. McCullum has exhibited a proven ability to effectively multi-task at all levels of financial responsibility. He possesses a variety of experiences in maximizing investment strategies.
Stephanie L. Coleman, MPPA
Chief Executive Officer for McCullum Consulting Strategies
Stephanie L. Coleman is the Chief Executive Officer for McCullum Consulting Strategies. She is also the Founder & Principal of Prolific Solutions Consulting. She brings over 15 years of professional experience to the firm. Ms. Coleman is the former City Clerk and Chief Election Officer for the City of Moss Point. As Moss Point’s Clerk, she served as the Chief Executive Administrator over all General Financial Services within the city such as Accounting Financial, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Municipal Taxes and Utilities.
Prior to coming to the City of Moss Point, Ms. Coleman was the Manager of the City of Jackson’s Equal Business Opportunity (EBO) Division where her focus was to ensure minority inclusion in the City’s procurement process. She has also served as the Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Planning for Triple C Consulting Corporation and Interim Executive Director for the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women. Additional professional experiences include: Senior Consultant with Customer Value Partners of Fairfax, VA writing policies for the Mississippi Development Authority’s Disaster Recovery Division after Hurricane Katrina and lobbying at the Mississippi State Capital.
In collaboration with Jackson State University, Meharry Medical College and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Ms. Coleman managed a citywide “Buckle Up for Safety” project responsible for the research of seat belt safety usage in the Jackson Metropolitan Area and efforts to push for stronger usage laws in the State of Mississippi. In 2008, she was presented with an award for her outstanding work and dedication to the City by the Jackson City Council.
Ms. Coleman holds a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Administration with an emphasis in State and Local Government both received from Jackson State University. She is also lean six sigma certified green belt. She is also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
Vice President Government Relations
As a new member of McCullum Consulting Strategies, Dennis Smith brings with him over a decade of legislative experience and a political background that includes work in the U.S. Congress on behalf of several trade associations. He has utilized his Washington, D.C. experience across the spectrum of client services in crafting communications with elected and agency officials, drafting proposed legislation, monitoring key legislative and policy issues as well as in-depth analysis to help clients advance their federal agenda. He has worked closely with clients to position them as thought leaders on issues such as health care, nuclear energy, telecommunications, and education.
Dennis has extensive experience in developing grassroots initiatives and building coalitions for legislative and other political causes. He has consistently demonstrated the political acumen to recognize opportunities for compromise and facilitating consensus.
A Native of Moss Point, Mississippi, Dennis has a Bachelor of Arts degree in speech communications from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Nick Walters established Stone-Adams after a successful period of service as the State Director of USDA Rural Development in Mississippi. After his appointment to this position by President George W. Bush, Nick soon realized the need to integrate multiple sources of funding to make projects successful. He also knows the value of a well-placed network of professionals who understand the nuances of how governments operate and purchase good and services.
Stone-Adams works with non-profits, manufacturers, local governments, hospitals and small businesses across the United States and some internationally to locate grants, access to capital and incentives like tax credits and other programs. They are a “one-stop, one-shop” source for funding.
Stone-Adams also helps clients and corporations navigate the road from ideas to full scale production complete with selecting a site to stacking incentives.
Nick was the first person in the country to receive the designation as a Development Finance Certified Professional from the Council of Development Finance Agencies. He holds a bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history from Mississippi College and is an adjunct history professor for Belhaven University.
- Accomplished business and public relations executive with extensive and successful experience in leading effective communications and branding strategies focusing on public and private sector groups wishing to build trade and economic relationships Mexico and Central American and Caribbean nations.
- Earned reputation for creating branding campaigns that increase revenue and public recognition for clients, effectively working across organizational and cultural boundaries to build common ground to address such controversial issues as immigration reform and national security.
- Created a company that has developed strong relationships and an extensive network across all sectors that include trade and advocacy organizations, political leaders, and others with diverse agendas.
- Very strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills; native English and Spanish, fluent French.
VamosGlobal, Inc. – Chevy Chase, MD 2015–present
President & CEO
Created VamosGlobal to facilitate the reestablishment of US-Cuba economic and national security relationships. Organize missions to Cuba for leaders in business, education, and governments at all levels to explore opportunities for business and investment in Cuba. Leverage a strong understanding of Latin American cultures and well-established and trusting relationships with such organizations Engage Cuba and Cuban, US, and many municipal chambers in the US to build new mission opportunities for engagements. Plan all travel and accommodation logistics, arrange all meetings among principals, and select and negotiate terms for meeting and conference venues for missions that may include as many as 50 participants.
PuMa Communications & Cultural Services – Washington, DC 2006–2015
President & CEO
Developed and executed tailored communications, public affairs, development, and Hispanic marketing strategies for such organizations as nonprofits, government entities, Fortune 500 and multinational companies, museums, and cultural institutions.
Miami-Dade Expressway Authority – Miami, FL 2004–2006
Director of Communications, Marketing & Public Affairs
Supervised the work of staff and 5 contracting agencies and managed a $2.4M budget supporting all communications and public affairs issues. Drafted requests for proposals, managed contract billings, negotiated contracts, and supervised vendor work.
Miami Museum of Science – Miami, FL 2002–2004
Vice President, Strategic Development
Planned and executed a strategic communications strategy to support development of the $200M project to relocate the science museum, an affiliate of the Smithsonian, to a new facility that had been stalled for approximately 10 years while awaiting funding.
Smithsonian Institution – Washington, DC 1994–2002
Deputy Director, Smithsonian Affiliations
Led a team of 17 staff members and managed a $2.3M budget in fostering and managing national and international relationships with other institutions. Created media and public relations strategies to promote the Smithsonian and its affiliates, generating media attention, expanding the donor base, and generating increased support by public officials.
Attorney Janace Harvey-Goree received her undergraduate degree from Jackson State University in Accounting, her Master in Business Administration from Mississippi College, and her Juris Doctorate from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University. She was admitted to practice law in the State of Texas in 1974 and the State of Mississippi in 1980. She was licensed as a Real Estate Broker in the State of Mississippi in 1979.
Her teaching career began as a teacher’s assistant at Texas Southern University in 1972. She became an Instructor/Lecturer at Jackson State University in the Department of Finance and General Business in 1974. Attorney Goree retired from Jackson State University in 1999 as an Associate Professor of Finance and General Business. She opened a law practice in 1985 and practiced law until she was elected Chancery Judge in November 2002.
Her outstanding teaching career, dedicated service to her department, and the University have earned her many honors and awards. She has been recognized and cited as Outstanding Faculty Advisor-Phi Gamma Nu Sorority, Faculty Advisor of the Year, Outstanding Young Women of the Year Awards, Excellent Achievement Award in the Study of Federal Procedure, and Outstanding Leadership Award to the Barristers Law Society. Additionally, City of Jackson, Mississippi issued a Resolution honoring and commending her for being an outstanding citizen.
Attorney Goree’s professional work experiences include the following: Associate Professor of Finance and General Business, 1974-1999. She served as interim Head of the Department of Finance and General Business 1981-1982. She was granted a two-years professional leave during which period she served as Assistant Commissioner for Academic Affairs/Affirmative Action, State Institutions of Higher Learning, 1992-95, Jackson, Mississippi. She also served as an attorney with several law firms prior to being elected chancery judge. She served as Chancellor for the 11th Chancery District for the State of Mississippi 12 years, and 8 of those years, she was senior Judge. Now she is serving as senior judge for the state of Mississippi and practice law with Janace-Harvey-Goree & Assn.
Attorney Goree also contributed to the redevelopment of the City of Jackson by serving as a commissioner on the Jackson Redevelopment Authority Board from 1986 to 2002. During her tenure as a commissioner, she served as interim director of the Redevelopment Authority and held the office of vice president until she resigned.
I am eager to cultivate a leading edge in public affairs and government relations. Experienced in special events, and highly successful at consistently delivering the highest quality service. Well versed in customer service and a collaborative team player. I perform well individually or in a group setting utilizing and combining excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and readily adapt to changing circumstances.
WORK HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
Special Projects & Events Consultant
Larry Harvey Enterprise, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Washington DC 1980 to Present
- Delivered speeches annually to enlighten church, political, award gala and civic audiences about national, regional, and local issues
- Facilitated over 500 citizens with measures to obtain Social Security and Veterans’ Affairs benefits
- Met with members and staff in the United States House and Senate, to complete numerous development projects
- Assisted with fund raising campaigns and events; served as host, greeter and bartender when necessary at political events
Administrative & External Relations Consultant
Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute, Inc. – Washington, D.C. 2012 to Present
- Event planning coordinator for CHLI special events maintaining a positive working relationship with fellow CHLI staff, board members and guests. Events held on Capitol Hill and other Washington, D.C. metro area
- Supervise office interns with research projects and day-to-day operations
- Coordinate year-end bookkeeping President & CEO, accounting firm and auditor, including processing corporate contributions
Fillingane Re-Election State Senate District 41 2014 to 2015
- Consultant for State Senator Joey Fillingane Re-Election Campaign
- Organized District Operations including establishing Senator Fillingane Four Step Priorities
- Organized and established key workers for the August Primary and General Election in November
Mississippi Public Service Commission, Jackson, Mississippi 2010-2011
- Worked collaboratively with the Mississippi Public Service Commissioner on a 10 month direct contract in support of the No Call Program.
- Established contact with Mississippi residents across 27 counties; supplied interested parties with details about the No Call List signup process and governing laws created to identify and eliminate telemarketing violations.
- Chairman-Elect Board of Directors National Black Chamber of Commerce
- President and Founder of MS Black Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Board of Directors of Mississippi Small Business Capital Fund
- Governors Appointee – State Workforce Investment Board
- Asst – Deputy Commander of Civil Air Patrol, a U.S. Air Force Auxiliary Unit
- Trustee of Mount Calvary Baptist Church of Tougaloo. Finance Chair
- Co- Chair the Economic Development Committee for the 100 Black Men of
- Jackson & Member of Board of Directors Leadership Jackson Alumni association.
- Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity and several other Associations and organization
- Retired Navy Commander – Aviation Logistic Officer – Command 4th Marine Air Wing- Marine Air Group 42
- Past Commissioner and Chair-Jackson Municipal Airport Authority
Duel/Motto is : To Whom much is Given Much is Required – You must Do the Right Thing for the Right Reason
Certificate of Achievement from National Veteran Institute for Procurement
VIP-Growth Program – Bolger Center, Potomac , Maryland December 2016
Certificate of Completion from Choice International School for Hotel Owners/General Managers
- Silver Springs, Maryland
- Major: Hotel operation for owners and general managers
- Awarded the Certificate of Completion and graduation and franchise right to operate a Choice property
Certificate of training and Completion of Franchise Training Williams Fried Chicken Owner/Operators School
- Dallas , TX
- Certified franchisee owner/operator
Certificate of Completion from College for Financial Planning May 98
- Denver, CO
- Major: CFP Professional Education Program
- Awarded CFP (Certified Financial Planner) Designation
Graduate of the U.S. Naval Supply Corp School July 1990
- Athens, GA
- Major: Logistics, Supply and Fiscal Management
Certificate of Completion, National Tax Training School December 1986
- Monsey, New York 10952
- Major: Federal Tax Law
Bachelor of Business Administration August 1985
- University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677
- Major: Banking and Finance
2001 – present
- SanJo Security Services, Inc
- 1615 South Gallatin St.
- Jackson, MS 39201
Responsible for financing, project development and management of the security company. SanJo is a Hubzone small Business Firm.
President/CEO – Cellular Network Center, Inc ( subsidiary of SanJo Security Services) an integrated mobile payment and money transfer platform. Smart City Technology platform.
- Jones and Associates
- A Financial Advisory Branch of Ameriprise Financial
- 460 Briarwood Drive, Ste. 450 Jackson, MS 39206
Responsible for Personal and Business Financial Planning. Creating and servicing clients investments and specializing
in planning and developing overall financial planning strategies.
Specializing in Small Business Planning, Estate Planning, and Tax Strategies. National Training Consultant for American Express University in Minneapolis.
- License with State of Texas Private Security License Private Pilot , FAA
- Master Certificate in Local Content Country of Suriname, South America